* CHRONICLE - PENSIONERS CONVERGE HERE, DISCUSS ISSUES OF THEIR CHOICE * CHRONICLE - WHERE EVEN THE CHAT COLUMN PRODUCES GREAT DISCUSSIONS * CHRONICLE - WHERE THE MUSIC IS RISING IN CRESCENDO !

               
                                   

Thursday, September 11, 2014

Sampath Iyengar's query


Dear Mr Gangadharan,

Referring to the post of Mr T Sampath Iyengar, I attach the Annexures C & D of draft letters to be addressed by Class I Officers retired on or after 1/4/1993 and their family pensioners (where 
applicable) respectively
.
Kind regards.

C H Mahadevan

Please click on 'read more' for the draft letters.

ANNEXURE C

(Letter to be addressed by Class I Officers having entered the cadre before 1/8/1992 
and retired after 1 /4/1993)
From
____________________________
____________________________
____________________________
____________________________

To

Chairman,
L I C of India,
“Yogakshema”,
Mumbai 400021

Respected Sir,

Re: Benefits due to me  by wider implications of  the Rajasthan High Court judgment in the case Mahesh Chandra Jain  vs LIC of India dated 13/9/2012

I invite your kind reference   to the above judgment of the Jaipur Bench of Rajasthan High Court delivered on 13/9/2012.

I also invite your kind attention to the fact that the Special Leave Petition filed by LIC against the Jaipur Division Bench’s dismissal of the Appeal was dismissed by the Supreme Court on 2/7/2014.
I am a retired LIC Class I Officer having entered the cadre before 1/8/1992 as per the following particulars:

Name: _____________________

S.R.No:______________

Pension File No: __________

Date of Retirement: __________

Cadre on 1/8/1992:____________

Cadre in which retired: ___________

By  the wider implications of the  aforesaid judgment  which  has become  final and binding on LIC consequent on the  dismissal of the SLP by the Supreme Court, I request you to kindly arrange to  pay me the  following benefits arising out of the judgment:

Difference in salary from 1/8/1992 to 31/3/1993 along with consequential benefits.
As the   benefits are due for more than 21 years, I request you also to pay me an interest on the arrears due at 12% p.a up to the date of payment.

I shall be grateful for your early and urgent response in the matter.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,


ANNEXURE D
(Letter to be addressed by spouses (receiving family pension) of Class I retirees who retired after 1/4/1993 having entered the cadre  before 1/8/1992 and died   after retirement)

From
____________________________
____________________________
____________________________
____________________________

To
Chairman,
L I C of India,
“Yogakshema”,
Mumbai 400021

Respected Sir,

Re: Benefits due to me by wider implications of  the Rajasthan High Court judgment in the case Mahesh Chandra Jain  vs LIC of India dated 13/9/2012

I invite your kind reference   to the above judgment of the Jaipur Bench of Rajasthan High Court delivered on 13/9/2012.

I also invite your kind attention to the fact that the Special Leave Petition filed by LIC against the Jaipur Division Bench’s dismissal of the Appeal was dismissed by the Supreme Court on 2/7/2014.

I am the spouse of the retired LIC Class I Officer who was a Class I Officer as at 1/8/1992 and who died after 1/4/1993 after retirement as per the following particulars:

Name: _____________________

S.R.No:______________

Pension File No:__________

Date of Retirement: __________

Cadre on 1/8/1992:____________

Cadre in which retired:___________

Date of Death: _____________

As per the aforesaid judgment  which  has become  final and binding on LIC consequent on the  dismissal of the SLP by the Supreme Court, I request you to kindly arrange to  pay me the  following benefits arising out of the judgment:

1)      Difference in salary  on refixation from 1/8/1992 to 31/3/1993 along with consequential benefits;
.

        As the   benefits are due for more than 22 years, I request you also to pay me interest on the arrears due at 12% p.a up to the date of payment.

I shall be grateful for your early and urgent response in the matter.

Thanking you,
Yours faithfully,