* CHRONICLE - PENSIONERS CONVERGE HERE, DISCUSS ISSUES OF THEIR CHOICE * CHRONICLE - WHERE EVEN THE CHAT COLUMN PRODUCES GREAT DISCUSSIONS * CHRONICLE - WHERE THE MUSIC IS RISING IN CRESCENDO !

               
                                   

Saturday, September 13, 2014


There is a procedure in the court called " The mentioning time ". A few minutes before the court starts for the day and a few minutes before the court adjourns for lunch or for the day, at this time the Lawyers whose case may not come up go across and speak to the presiding judge for advancement or postponement of their hearing. The aggrieved person can also approach the HON Judge at these moments.

It happened to me when my Civil suit against a NBFC came for hearing after many adjournments and sensing that the respondent would again ask for adjournment my counsel
asked me to be present in the court and asked me to utilize ' the mentioning time' to approach the HON Judge and tell about my age, health conditions et all( of course assisted by my counsel and he was with me too) which I did and the HON Judge hearing me gave only a short adjournment of a week and that served my purpose.

How far such an action will bear any fruit when hearing of our tied up case comes to the SC bench is a matter to be pondered over if it is sensed that the respondent Corporation may ask for adjournment under some pretext or other.I do not profess to have legal knowledge and I would welcome if some competent person could throw light on this.

R.K.Viswanathan