* CHRONICLE - PENSIONERS CONVERGE HERE, DISCUSS ISSUES OF THEIR CHOICE * CHRONICLE - WHERE EVEN THE CHAT COLUMN PRODUCES GREAT DISCUSSIONS * CHRONICLE - WHERE THE MUSIC IS RISING IN CRESCENDO !

               
                                   

Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Mr Subburathinam's post


I fully agree with Mr Subburathinam.

Sometime last year, I wrote to IRDA with copy to a Chartered Accountant-LIC Board Member pointing out the need for LIC to make provision of the liability as per the unstayed High Court judgments in accordance with the principles of corporate governance. I did not get any reply there to.

As I am in USA at present, I propose to pursue this matter further after I return to Hyderabad in August 2015.

Meanwhile, I will be happy if someone - especially a Chartered Accountant - authentically confirms whether LIC's liability towards pension arrears have been provided for in the Balance Sheet as at 31/3/2014 and 31/3/2015.

Greetings.

C H Mahadevan